It's now 4 hours before my flight leaves, and I've had many many people give me some heartfelt goodbyes (after jerusalem I am moving directly to san fransisnco after living in boston nearly my entire life) Durring these goodbyes, I keep hearing a common message from people, "Don't get yourself killed." Well that's settling. But with that message, comes:
trip goal #1 Don't get myself killed.
And you know what, I'm gonna throw in the other instructors with this one too:
ammended trip goal #1 Don't get myself or any of my other instructors killed.
My grandfather told me to, "Watch out, the people are crazy over there, they really are." I really hope that they're not. If I leave this trip with the conclusion that israelis and/or palestinians are really crazy, I'm probably going to be pretty sad. (I just realized this blog doesn't have a very obvious way to put in smiley faces. Now I'm really sad)
My best friend John Berry's parents told me that they had a present for me that was going to "save me out there". When I unwrapped the gift, it was.......(drumroll please) a yarmulke. Har har. But seriously it's a good thing they gave it to me because I had lost my other one from Josh Rosenfield's Bar Mitzvah in the 8th grade and I was worried how I was gonna show everybody that I was a "cool dude".
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment