I am currently sitting in heathrow at a "internet cafe" (2 computers) being bombarded by commercials on the bottome of my screen. I'd like to review the oddities that have gone on with my trip so far (beginning at noon yesterday EST, roughly 18 hours ago)
-I missed my flight due to an error on my part
-british air has no idea that I even exist (I'm not in the records for the flight)
-the travel agency had booked me under the name Brennan Powerssherry. sigh.
-british air told me I missed my flight and couldn't get any value out of the entire flight
-I find out from tali (meet director who coordinated travel) that I should be able to change the flight
-travel agency no longer picks up their phone. They will repeat this act intermitently for a few hours. they must be traveling. ha.
-I try to catch later flight, but british air supervisor won't let me change the flight. Travel agency offers no help, and me and tali suspect the travel agency may have made a mistake booking (that's OTT travel, waltham, MA)
-A nice british air desk lady tells me very quitely that if I come back in the morning I may be able to switch my flight and get on standby for $200. When I talk to her about it she tells me to keep her voice down. It reminded me of the incredibles where Mr. Incredible was giving advice to get the most out of insurance to an old lady. Yes, I am the old lady.
-Tali is able to get me on the morning flight, but for $800. I won't have to be on standbye, but it will be expensive. Woot/d'oh. I'll get on a 10 pm flight to tel aviv. I am "booked" for these flights.
-I get to the airport in the morning, and the desk lady tells me I can not get in the 10 pm flight to london, and will have to stay over in london. But she tells me the additional cost will be only $220. D'oh/woot.
-She has me stand at the desk for 20 minutes so she can change my seat to an aisle seat.
-I arrive at my seat, it's a middle seat. sigh......sigh.
-I arrive in london, i can't call home, and I can't seem to get in touch with hayley (friend's girlfriend who goes to school in southampton), the numbers all don't work.
-I try to get a taxi to the hotel my mother booked for me in london. There is either a bomb threat or a fire (they don't seem to know which), and all roads are closed to the hotel. sigh......sigh.....sigh.
-someone left 19 minutes of free internet on a computer at the airport! VICTORY IS MINE!
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment