Monday, July 2, 2007

Day 1

Today was the first day of MEET, and we got to finally meet all of our students. Already we're down to 39 students because at the last minute a girl bailed on the program. Her loss I suppose. The day was an introduction, some icebreakers, and then our first lecture and lab.

Ted gave out some candy at lunch and I sarcastically said, "Boy guys, this is special, candy all the way from America." Even though it was fireballs bought in logan. A student then told me, "You don't have to talk so slow to us, we're not retarded." I guess he can understand english well, and tone pretty well, but not well enough to tell I was being sarcastic. He also lived in cleveland until he was 7, that punk.

That's my only story, except we did indeed have a free lunch. (free meal count: 7.5)

No comments: